Sunday, August 18, 2013

Prayers

There once was a man who desperately needed money.
And every day, he got on his knees and prayed:
"Lord, please, please, please, please let me win the lottery"
Every day...for months...the same prayer.
Until one day the Lord said:
"Son, please, please, please, please...buy a ticket!"

I have spent a lot of time praying lately. For direction, for a financial miracle (something like bills with Benjamin Franklins falling from the sky like manna? Ha!), for my kids. But I've also been aware and praying for friends as well.

For the ones who desperately want to get pregnant.
And the ones who are beginning the adoption process.
For the ones suffering from physical pain and illness.
And the ones suffering from mental and emotional pain.
To the ones who just found out their parents are ill.
And those that have lost their parents and miss them terribly.
For the special, amazing friends looking for the "what's next" and "where to go"
And those that have embarked on new adventures.

A lot of time, my prayers are what a friend used to call "popcorn prayers" (brief prayers as I go along my day), some of the time it is time set aside during the day to focus on prayer, today...today I want to be all about prayer. And for many, I want you to know I am praying for you. For others, if you need prayer, feel free to let me know. It would be privilege and honor to pray for you as well.

Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment