Tuesday, October 11, 2011

So...it was about seven years ago when Embree, Trey, and I did our first show with Newnan Community Theatre. The Best Christmas Pageant Ever is the tale of what happens when the worst kids in town take over the local church Christmas program. It's one of the most fun-and a personal fave of mine-Christmas tales ever. Once upon a time, it was a made for TV movie starring Loretta Swift. I'm not sure why it isn't one of those classics that get played repeatedly in a 24 hour time slot during the Christmas holiday. 

The first time around Embree played Gladys (Shazaam!!!), Trey was David, and I was Mrs. McCarthy. This time around Embree is Beverly and Assistant Stage Manager, Trey is Tech (Lights/Sound), and I am Mrs. Clausing and Stage Manager.

Our reprisal of this show has me reminiscing about the first one and how much time has passed, all that we have done, how big my kids have grown, how much NCTC has grown!

For more info on the show go to http://www.newnantheatre.org/. If you live in the local area, you should definitely come see it! Performances December 3rd, 10th, & 17th at 11 AM and 2 PM.

No comments:

Post a Comment